Dr. Muheki Zikusooka holds a BSc with education, Master of Social Sciences in Health Economics, and a PhD in Health Economics from University of Cape Town. Dr. Muheki-Zikusooka is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Business and Management.
Dr. Muheki-Zikusooka for over 15 years has been involved in both research and training/capacity building. Dr. Muheki-Zikusooka has focus in the following areas:
- Teaching post-graduate students (Health Economics)
- Development of programs and curriculum for Masters students
- Mentoring young economists in conducting research and in other career development tasks
Research and impacting policy development
- Health financing (health financing reviews, including relevant assessments on fair financing, performance-based financing, universal health coverage, global health initiatives, appropriate health financing strategies, social health insurance, etc).
- Costing and cost-effectiveness assessments for health programs / projects / interventions; and all other forms of economic evaluations and value-for-money assessments. Specifically interested in costing strategic plans for programs or institutions.
- Resource tracking assessments (including National Health Accounts, National AIDS Spending Assessments, Expenditure Analyses, etc)
- Monitoring and Evaluation for health interventions/programs/projects.
- Document evidence for decision and policy making - In the areas of research above.
For details see Dr. Muheki Zikusooka CV (357.84 kB)