Dr. Rehema Baguma is an Associate Professor of information Systems. She holds a PhD in Information Systems from Radboud University, the Netherlands.
Dr. Rehema also holds a Bachelor of Library and information Science; a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science; a master of Computer Application Technology and a PhD in Information Systems.
She is a researcher in web systems, web accessibility and computing solutions for the physically disabled. Dr. Baguma has accrued extensive experience in managing academic records systems.
For details see Dr. Rehema Baguma - CV (86.53 kB).
Email: ar (at) utamu dot ac dot ug
- Information Systems
- Human Computer Interaction
- Web/Mobile Usability
- ICT for Development
Refereed Journal, Book Chapters and Conference Publications
- Eilu, E. and Baguma R. (2012). Bridging the User Experience Gap in Mobile Phone Voting in Developing Countries. In Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Computing & ICT Research, ICCIR 12, Kampala,Uganda
- Katushemererwe, F. and Baguma, R. (2012). RUMORPH: A morphological analyzer of Runyakitara - approach, results and issues. In Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Computing & ICT Research, ICCIR 12, Kampala, Uganda.
- Kirui, E. and Baguma, R. (2012. Improving Usability of E-Government Services in Developing Countries. In Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Computing & ICT Research, ICCIR 12, Kampala, Uganda.
- Alao, O.D., Awodele, O., Baguma, R. and Weide, Th.P. van der (2011). Cultural Issues and their Relevance in Designing Usable Websites. International Journal of Computer Science & Emerging Technologies, Issue Vol.1 No.2, February 2011.
- Ajwang’, M. O. and Baguma, R. (2011). Underwriting Cyber Risks in Uganda, In proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Computing & ICTResearch (ICCIR’11)
- Katushemererwe, F., Baguma, R. and Zlotnikova, R. (2011) Language teaching and learning in Uganda: situation analysis & the need for Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL), In proceedings of the 12th Strathmore University Annual ICT Conference: ICT for Development: People, Policy and Practice
- Baguma, R., Stone, R., Lubega, J.T. and Weide, T. (2009). Integrating Accessibility and Functional Requirements. HCI International Series, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-642-02712-3, Vol. 5610, pp. 635-644
- Baguma, R. and Lubega, J. T. (2008). Web Design Requirements for Improved Accessibility for the Blind, Hybrid Learning and Education, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-540-85169-1, Vol. 5169, pp. 392-403
- Baguma, R. and Lubega, J. T. (2009). Web Content Filtration According to Context of Use: Case Study of Accessibility Guidelines. In Kizza, M. J., Lynch, K, Nath, R. ,Aisbett, J,and Vir, P. (eds): Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol. V, ISBN: 978-9970-02-738-5, pp. 190-199.
- Baguma, R., Stone, R. G., Lubega, J. T. and Weide T. (2009). A framework for filtering Web accessibility guidelines. In proceedings of Web for Accessibility Conference (W4A 2009), co-hosted with the Annual World Wide Web Conference, Spain Madrid, available in ACM digital Library, ISBN 978-1-60558-561-1, pp. 46-49.
- Baguma, R. and Lubega, J. T. (2008). A Web design framework for improved accessibility for people with disabilities (WDFAD). In proceedings of Web for Accessibility Conference (W4A 2008), co-hosted with the Annual World Wide Web Conference, available in ACM digital Library, ISBN: 978-1-60558-153-8, pp. 134-140.
- Baguma, R., Bommel, P., Wanyama, T. and Ogao, P. (2007). Relating Visual Disability and the Web. In Grout, V., Oram, O. and Picking, R. (eds): Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications (ITA 2007), available in Amazon digital Book shop, ISBN: 978-0-946881-54-3, pp. 20-28.
- Baguma, R., Bommel, P., Wanyama, T. and Ogao, P. (2007). Web Accessibility in Uganda: a study of Webmaster Perceptions. In Kizza, M. J., Muheirwe, J., Aisbett, J., Gitao, K., Mbarika, V. W., Patel, D. and Rodrigues, A.T. (eds.): Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol. III, ISBN: 978-9970-02-730-9, pp. 183-197.
- Baguma, R., Wanyama, T. and Ogao, P. (2006). Towards Web Design Frameworks. In, Kizza, J. M., Janet Aisbett, Vince, A. and Wanyama, T. (eds): Advances in Ssytems Modelling & ICT Applications, Vol.II, ISBN: 978-9970-02-604-3, pp. 178-184.
- Baguma, R. (2005). Affordable e-governance Using Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), In Williams, D. and Baryamureeba, V. (eds): Measuring Computing Research Excellence and Vitality, Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol.I, ISBN:13:978-9970-02-592-3, pp.201-210.
- Baguma, R., Bommel, P. and Wanyama, T. (2007). Accessibility of E-government Web Sites for people With Disabilities in Uganda. In proceedings of the International Computer Science and ICT Conference, (COSCIT2007): Bridging the Digital Divide by Realizing Computer Science Potential.
- Rehema, R., (2010) Accessible Web Design through Web Accessibility Guidelines(Published PhD Thesis, ISBN: 978-90-9025099-1)
- Rehema, B., (2003) Rural Electronic Service (RES): E-farming (MSc. Dissertation)
- Baguma, R. and Lubega, J.,T. (2008). The Role of ICT in Research and Innovations, a paper presented at the Career Development Workshop for Post Graduate Students organised by School of Post Graduate Studies in Conjunction with Post Graduate Students’s Council, Makerere University.