Broadly, the program was developed to offer a unique learning experience that blends theoretical, practical and industrial skills. The students are exposed to general computer science areas like networking, programming, database management, software development and algorithms. The learners are then equipped with advanced skills in multimedia technologies, computer security and mobile applications development. Graduates of this program are particularly exposed to skills that would help them innovate new products and compete favorably in the private and public sector.
The learning structure of this program is such that it blends face-to-face, online and experiential type of learning. This improves their self-learning skills which are critical to the fast-changing ICT world. This program therefore seeks to develop high quality human resources that will be able to develop and manage software products necessary in the computerized economy.
Graduates of this program can also be very useful as:
- Software Developers
- System Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Multimedia Developers (games, images, audio)
- Digital Security Officers
- Software Evaluators
Objectives of the ProgramThe objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree program are to produce graduates who can:
Design, develop and evaluate software and computer-based systems.
- Explain and demonstrate expertise in the common computing topics, with a special emphasis on image processing, security and mobile
- Innovate and compete favorably in the private and public
- Keep abreast of the current developments in the discipline through personal learning and teaching mechanisms
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science should be able to:
- Design, develop and evaluate software and computer-based
- Be conversant with skills in the common computing topics, with a special emphasis on image processing, security and mobile
- Communicate effectively and compete favorably in the private and public
- Keep abreast of the current developments in the discipline through personal learning and teaching mec
|Programme Name||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Programme Duration||3 Years|
|Admission Criteria||Direct Entry
|Mode||Dual Mode (online and Local Support)|
|Fee Type - Per Semester||Uganda Shillings 1,200,000|
Fees per semester
|Fees per semester||Functional Fees||Application Fees|
|1,200,000 UGX||250,000 UGX||50,000 UGX|
International students pay international student tuition fees which is rated in dollars and this specifically covers only the cost of teaching and many student support services. This tuition below is per academic session and includes both the tuition and functional fees.
|Category of Programme||Fees per academic session (USD)||Application / Admission Fee|