H.E Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka on the 10th June 2013 became the Founding Chancellor of Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU).
The Chancellor of UTAMU:
- Is the titular head of the University and as such shall preside at all ceremonies of the University and in the name of Uganda Technology and Management University, confer degrees and other academic titles and distinctions of Uganda Technology and Management University;
- Appoints the Vice Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellor(s) of Uganda Technology and Management University on terms and conditions set by the University Council; and
- Promotes the (image of the) University regionally and internationally.
- Minister for Environment and Natural Resources (2004-2005);
- Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (2003-2004);
- Minister for Tourism and Information (2001-2002);
- Minister for Education and Human Resource Development (1998-2001);
- Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Relations (1993-1998);
- and Assistant Minister for Works, Housing and Physical Planning (1986-1988)
H.E Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka has also held several political party positions including Party Leader of Orange Democratic Movement-Kenya (ODM-K) Party (2007-2013) and Organizing Secretary, Kenya African National Union (KANU) for the period 1988-2002.H.E Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka received the Elder of the Golden Heart, the second highest national award in Kenya in 1993 and he is a distinguished lawyer. Hon Dr. Kalonzo Musyoka is also a distinguished businessman and he is currently the Chairman Kalonzo Musyoka Foundation and Consulting Partner Musyoka, Wambua & Katiku Company Advocates.
H.E Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka as part of his duties in the service of the Government of the Republic of Kenya addressed several assemblies/ summits/ conferences including those of the United Nations (UN). For instance from 1993 to 1997, he addressed the 48th, 49th, 50th, and 52nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly. In 2005 he was Elected President of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).H.E Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka holds a Doctorate of Letters (Honaris Causa), Kenyatta University (2009); Doctorate of Divinity, Latin University of Theology (2008); Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, Mediterranean Institute of Management, Nicosia, Cyprus (1979); Post- Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law (1978); and Bachelors of Law (LLB.Honours), University of Nairobi (1977) among other qualifications.
For more information see Hon Dr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka, CV (299.81 kB)