Prof. Muwanga-Zake is the Head of the Department of Information Systems and Technology, School of Computing and Engineering at Uganda Technology And Management University
Prof. Zake is an educationist with vast global qualifications, experience, and outreach. His experience is in the fields of science, information systems, research, innovation and management. He is highly skilled in the sector of Higher Education in which he has lectured, trained lecturers; supervised postgraduates, mentored staff, held leadership and management positions. He has participated in systems design and development and is one of the highly qualified and experienced ICT systems specialists in Uganda.
Prof. Muwanga-Zake has over 40 publications and conference presentations some of the most popular being: Excellence in the Context of Student Learning (2019) and Traversing Critical ICT Humps and Dumps in Higher Education: A case in a developing country. Academia (2018). He has published a book on learning in virtual environments and a number of philosophy as well as research book chapters. He has participated in editorial and review processes among which include Reviewer for Higher Education Research and Development, Reviewer for International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communications Technology
In the words of John Dewey “If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow” so as we go into lecture rooms let us teach and inspire the young generation to adjust to the global ICT needs in order to have creative, innovative, research oriented and problem-solving world citizens.
- Muwanga-Zake, JWF (Since 2016). Learning in Virtual Environments: Cases.
- Muwanga-Zake JWF & Ssemakula JB. (Since 2018). A Guide for eLearning Design and Adoption in Higher Education: Cases in a Developing Country.
- Muwanga-Zake JWF (2018). Whose Education Is It? The Exclusion of African Values from Higher Education in Identity and Development: Interrogating the Implications of Images of Africa. Centre for African Studies, SASS. ISBN: 978-9970-09-009-9. Pages 89–
- Muwanga-Zake JWF (2018). Towards Validating Research Discourses among Bantu in Africa: Obuntubulamu as a Possible Transforming Agent in Identity and Development:
Interrogating the Implications of Images of Africa. Centre for African Studies, SASS. Centre for African Studies, SASS. ISBN: 978-9970-09-009-9. Pages 189 – 239.
- Mwine, J. & Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . (2018). A Systems Approach in Agro-ecology: Towards Achievement of Sustainable Livelihoods in Africa. In Higher Education for African Challenges of the 21st Century (ISBN: 978-9970-09-013-6). Pages 279 – 314.
- Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . (2018). Renegotiating Public Confidence in Higher Education? Challenges and Possible Innovations of the 21st In Higher Education for African Challenges of the 21st Century (ISBN: 978-9970-09-013-6) Pages 19 – 68.
- Hussein Muhaise, Kareyo, M. and Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . (2019. Factors Influencing the Adoption of Electronic Health Record Systems in Developing Countries: A Case of Uganda.
61 No. 1. Available - (3rd Dec. 2019)
- Muhaise, H., Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . and Kareyo, M. (November, 2019). Assessment Model for Electronic Health Management Information Systems Success in a Developing Country Context: A Case of the Greater Bushenyi Districts in Uganda. American Scientific Research
Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS). Vol 61 No 1 (2019). Available (3rd December 2019)
- Businge, P. M., Jehopio, P. and Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (May, 2017). Unintentional human insider threats mitigation measures in universities in Uganda. www.allsubjectjournal.com Volume 3, Issue 5. Pages 59 – 66.
- Businge, P. M., Jehopio, P. and Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2016). Assessing Intentional Human Insider Threat Mitigation in Ugandan Universities. Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches. 3 (5): May, 2016. Also available:
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (August, 2010). Narrative Research across Cultures: Dimensions of Concern in Africa. Narratives, August 2010 *(also available -
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F ., Parkes, M. & Gregory, S. (2010). Blogging at university as a case study in instructional design: Challenges and suggestions towards professional International Journal of Education and Development Using ICT Vol 6, No. 1 (2010).
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2009). Building bridges across knowledge systems: Ubuntu and participative research paradigms in Bantu communities. Discourse: Studies in the Cultural Politics of Education Vol. 30, Issue. 4, 2009 Pages 413 – 411.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2008). Framing Professional Development in Information and Communications Technologies: University Perspectives. Journal of Information Technology Volume 7. Available: .
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (December, 2007). Evaluation of an Educational Computer Programme as a Change Agent in Science Classrooms. Journal of Science Education and Volume 16, Number 6. Pages 473-490 (also ).
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (December, 2007). The Digital Gap in the Dinaledi Schools and Implications for Teachers’ Work and Learning. Conference Proceedings. Researching Work and Learning, Cape Town. South Africa Pages 630 – 636.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (December, 2007). Inclusiveness, Development and Ubuntu: Re-thinking Educational Research Processes for Development in Bantu Communities. Conference Proceedings. Researching Work and Learning, Cape Town. South Africa Pages 637 – 643.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2007). Introducing Educational Computer Programmes Through Evaluation: A case in South African Disadvantaged Schools. International Journal of Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae for Associate Professor Johnnie Wycliffe Frank Muwanga-Zake Associate Professor J. W. F. Muwanga-Zake Page 10 of 19 02-Dec-19
- Education and Development Using Information and Communications Technology, 2007, 3, Issue 3. Available:.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2006). Applications of Computer-Aided Assessment in the Diagnosis of Science Learning & Teaching. International Journal of Education and Development Using ICT Vol. 2, No. 4 (2006). Available:.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2001). Is Science Education In a Crisis? Some of the Problems in South Africa. Journal of the South African Association for Research in Mathematics,Technology, and Science Education. Vol. 4, No. 1, 1-11. [Online] Available: http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/scicrisis.htm [2001, MARCH 15]
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (September, 2000). Experiences of the Power of Discourse in Educational Research: A Need for Transformation in Research. Available
- Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . (2019). Excellence in the Context of Students’ Learning.
- Muwanga-Zake ,JWF . (2018). Traversing Critical ICT Humps and Dumps in Higher Education: A Case in A Developing Country. Academia.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (2006). What kind of science do educators present to learners in South African classes?
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (August, 2002). What do you mean ph = -1: super acids. Science in Africa. Available: http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/august/ph.htm.
- Muwanga-Zake, J. W. F . (1997/98). M. Ed.(Science Education) Research Portfolio Available: